Any order placed on the site www.pipeshop.nl (hereinafter “the online shop”) of the
Amsterdam Pipe Museum (part of Amsterdam Pipe Museum) (hereinafter called “the
Vendor”), will be exclusively governed by these general terms and conditions of sale, that we
recommend you read carefully.
This English version of these general terms and conditions of sale (hereinafter “Terms and
Conditions”) are only for the convenience of the customer. However, the only official and
legal binding version is the Dutch version also available on line.
The fact of placing an order implies that you have read, understood and unreservedly agreed
to these general terms of sale.
The online shop, source code, texts, images and other elements of the online shop are the
exclusive property of the Vendor. The entire contents of the online shop are protected by
copyright laws. In this respect, and in accordance with the provisions of the Intellectual
Property Code, the online shop may only be used for private purposes. Otherwise, the
offender is liable to prosecution in the competent courts.
1: Identification of the Vendor
Name: Stichting Pijpenkabinet (Pijpenkabinet Foundation)
Address: Prinsengracht 488, 1017 KH Amsterdam, Netherlands
Telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 42 11 779 (weekdays during office hours 10.30 to 18 hrs.)
Legal number of inscription Chamber of Commerce (KvK-nummer): 441168020
TVA-identification number: NL0088.81.376.B.01
– Pijpenkabinet Foundation is statutory name under which are operating the Amsterdam
Pipe Museum, Amsterdam Pipe Shop and Pipe Shop (online shop);
– The Foundation is member of the Dutch Museum Association (see
– The Foundation is officially inscribed in the Dutch Museum Register (see
2: Definitions, only in Dutch version (Please, refer to attached document below.)
3: Acceptance of these general terms and conditions of sale
These general Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of the parties in respect
of both selling in the physical shop of the museum and distance selling of goods offered by
the Vendor in the online shop. The customer hereby acknowledges having read and
understood these Terms and Conditions when confirming the order. Order confirmation
implies unqualified acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
The Vendor reserves the right to revise or modify these general terms and conditions of Sale
at any time. If they are revised or modified, the Terms and Conditions in force on the day the
order is placed will be applied to that order.
Product offers and prices are valid as long as they are listed on the online shop, while stocks
last. All descriptions and photos are made properly in order to give the customer a good
impression of the offer.
If a product is unavailable, your order is automatically cancelled and the Vendor undertakes to
refund the customer within no more than thirty days from the date of payment.
4: The offer and selling prices
– Selling prices are shown in euros inclusive of tax (VAT + other taxes), excluding the
contribution to order-processing and shipping costs.
– Customs duty, other local taxes, import duty or State taxes may be payable on all products
shipped outside the European Union. All these sums are the responsibility of the Customer,
who is solely responsible both for declaring the products and for paying the relevant
authorities of the importing country. Customers should inquire about these aspects from the
local authorities of the importing country.
– All orders, regardless of their origin, are payable in euros.
– The Vendor reserves the right to change its prices at any time, but products will be invoiced
at the prices applying at the time of ordering.
– The total amount of the order is the final price in euros, all taxes included, costs of
processing and shipping included. It is stated in the order confirmation e-mail.
5: Order and order confirmation
The Customer places an order for one or more products offered for sale on the online shop.
The ordering process is as follows:
- Step 1: Click one of the products offered for sale on the online shop. A detailed
description of the selected product (dimensions, material, picture) and its selling price
Click “Add to cart” to add the selected product to your order. If you have finished you
can then click “Order”, or you can continue adding other products to the cart.
- Step 2: You now need to create a customer account or log in to your account by
entering an e-mail address and a password. When you create a customer account, you
will be asked for some particulars needed to process the order: full name, postal
address for delivery, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Step 3: The details you have entered are displayed, as well as the delivery method and shipping costs. You should then read these general terms and conditions of sale, make sure that all the particulars of your order are correct (contact details, delivery address, etc.) and choose a shipping method.
- Step 4: A summary of the full order is displayed on the page “Summary of your order”. Check your itemized order and click “Previous Step” to correct any errors.
- Step 5: Click your preferred method of payment. You will then be redirected to the secure payment site and will not be able to make any changes to your order.
- Step 6: You make your online payment for the order by entering your bank details followed by a final click. If your payment is refused by the bank concerned, the order cannot be executed but is still valid. Orders confirmed by customers on the”Summary of your order” page imply irrevocable acceptance, which can only be reversed in cases specifically stipulated in clause 7 (“Right to cancel”) of these Terms and Conditions.
The information you will receive is in English, however the Dutch version of the Terms and
Conditions are legally binding. You will receive confirmation in an e-mail stating the
- Date and time of the order,
- Main features of the product(s) sold,
- Order number,
- Total amount of the order and method of payment chosen,
- Information about after-sales and the e-mail address of the Vendor, which the
Customer can contact for any problems,
- Conditions and methods for exercising your right to cancel,
- Address of the Vendor’s registered office.
This e-mail constitutes proof of the order for the customer; it is recommended to be kept.
Customers pay for orders by the payment system offered on the website.
Payments are made exclusively in euros.
Customers guarantee the Vendor that they have the necessary authorization to use their
chosen method of payment.
If the card or payment is refused by the payment centre, the order is automatically cancelled
for execution but the agreement of purchase is still valid.
Products are delivered to the delivery address provided by the Customer during the order
Products will be well packed by the vendor before sending. If not otherwise requested sending
will be by Post, in case of oversea shipping by air post. Since the delivery will be executed by
a third party, the vendor cannot be held responsible for this service.
If shipment is delayed, the Vendor will so notify the customer by e-mail. In any event, in
accordance with legal provisions, if shipment is delayed by more than 30 days after the date
of purchase, customers can cancel their order in writing (post/e-mail).
The Customer undertakes to receive the ordered products at the delivery address stated in the
order confirmation e-mail. Delivery at a neighbors address is possible in case you don’t
answer the door.
8: Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after the day you received your goods
without the obligation of giving any reason, the so-called right of withdrawal by using the
form on this site.
In that case you must send the goods back within 7 days after informing the Vendor. You will
then be credited with the total amount, including shipping costs. Only the costs for returning
the goods from your home to the shop are for your own account. To exercise this right, please
contact us on email@example.com, using the form (can be found on Order cancellation page). We will give a refund within 21 days from
receipt of your cancellation provided that the returned goods have been received in good
Returns should be sent to:
Amsterdam Pipe Shop
1017 KH Amsterdam
and labeled: Order Returned.
Products must be returned in their original packaging, complete, with the order return form
and any related accessories such as spare parts, instructions for use and documentation, etc.,
so that it can be made available for sale again. Items returned damaged, incomplete or soiled
by the customer will not be taken back.
Products specially made for the customer cannot be returned.
As required by law, delivered products are covered by the statutory warranty against hidden
defects caused by a defect in materials, design or manufacturing affecting the product and
making it unfit for use.
– the statutory warranty is voided in cases of misuse, negligence or lack of maintenance on the
part of the Customer, as in the case of normal wear of the product, accident, in case of facts
attributable to the Customer (use other than normal, changes or repairs by unqualified
persons) or even in the case of force majeure as defined in 12 of the Terms and Conditions;
– the warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the non-compliant or defective product(s);
– in order to exercise his right to a refund, the Customer must, under penalty of forfeiture of
any action relating to it, inform the Vendor in writing of the non-conformity of the delivered
product(s) and the latent defect affecting the product(s) as soon as they are detected (in any
event no longer than one year from the date of delivery of the product).
10: only in Dutch version (Please, refer to attached document below.)
We encourage you to notify us of any complaints by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do everything we can to take away the reasons of your complaints, within the
reasonably possible boundaries. Please not that complaints are to be sent within two months
after purchase, including a clear description of the reasons of your complaint. We have a rule
to answer within two weeks, at least with a confirmation if not the full reaction.
If this does not lead to a solution within 6 weeks after submittance to the vendor, it is possible
to sign up for dispute mediation. From February 2016 it is for EU consumers possible to
submit complaints using the ODR platform of the European Commission. This ODR platform
can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
In any circumstances we do advice to submit your complaint first to us.
12: Force majeure
Neither the Vendor nor the Customer can be held liable for any breach of contract caused by a
case of force majeure.
Without limitation, are notably considered cases of force majeure, in addition to those
generally invoked as legal precedents in Dutch courts, blocked means of transport or supply
chains for any reason whatsoever, government or legal restrictions, computer crashes, or
interruption of telecoms services including networks and the Internet.
13: Personal data
Personal data of the customers are collected and used for order execution only.
online store. Cookies are used to improve the personalized service for the Customer. You are
reminded that you can choose to block or delete them on your computer.
15: Settlement of Disputes
These terms and conditions of sale and all orders placed by Customers are governed by Dutch
In cases of dispute, an amicable solution will be sought before any legal proceedings are
Last updated on 26 August 2017
Algemene_Voorwaarden_Webwinkel_Pipeshop – Dutch verion of terms and conditions.